Acle & District Foodbank

If you need a bit of support, we can deliver some food to you, usually fortnightly, until you get back on your feet

Ring us on freephone 0800 774 7286


If you need some support and are on a low income you should approach the Norfolk Assistance Scheme for advice and help.

Norfolk County Council’s Assistance Scheme (NAS): 0344 800 8020

  • Provide emergency financial help
  • Supply essential household goods and furniture
  • Give support, guidance and advice

To receive help from the NAS you must:

  • Be 16–years-old or over
  • Live in Norfolk
    • Or have been moved out of Norfolk by a government department in the past three months
    • Or plan to move to Norfolk in the next 28 days
  • Be in financial hardship or receive a means-tested benefit

NCC will look at your income and savings. If you have adequate savings to meet your basic living needs, unfortunately your application will be refused

Apply here

And Broadland District Council’s Help Hub 01603 430431, for:

  • Benefits
  • Housing
  • Wellbeing and health
  • Money worries and debt
  • Domestic abuse
Click here for more info

For older and vulnerable residents, there is the Home Handyman Scheme

Telephone 01603 430518 or email

for: fitting locks or key safes, checking security measures, repairs of fixtures and fittings, changing or fitting light bulbs or fire alarms, minor furniture repairs, clearing out single storey guttering, minor changes to reduce slips and falls and fitting grab rails

Business Directory

Use the business directory to find..